Monday, July 30, 2012

We're having a "Create your own BURGER BAR!!!!"

Well sure enough, my brother-in-law, Chris did not disappoint and had some killer burgers and food at his birthday gathering. Chris is on the road to becoming the BBQ Pitmaster of Herndon VA. On the menu this past Saturday were stuffed burgers with all kinds of fixins. Chris was super excited to tell me we were having a "Create your own BURGER BAR!" when I showed up. Um ...I loved it already and I hadn't even seen it.
He got this contraption that molds the perfect patty but also creates a divot to stuff goodies into.



Before we got there Chris cooked up sausage, chicken, cocktail wienies, jalapenos, onions...all kinds of fixins just to stuff in the burgers. On top of that we had 3 different kinds of cheese to choose from and spices. This really is an excellent idea for a small party. It got everyone in the kitchen and involved all talking about food and it was really fun to put what you wanted in your burger and make it yourself. Its like a grown up's version of "create your own sundae bar".

Chris is also pretty adventurous in the kitchen and loves making really interesting food combinations like horseradish barbecue sauce (it's good too). We love talking about opening a restaurant one day but I dont know how we could ever narrow down the menu--i think a general theme would probably be meat and bacon though. The Meaty Bacon Bistro maybe. I feel like I would need two restaurants. One to indulge in my more Paula Dean style cooking and one with a really eclectic, fresh, and healthy menu.

So back to burgers-I put buffalo wing cheese, spiced chicken, and fresh jalapenos in mine. I didn't get a picture of that one but here is someone else's and check out the cocktail wienies.



The finished product was huge! BUT it fit great on the buns and tasted amazing! I ate the whole thing.


Everyone had a blast and Chris's lovely wife Danielle and sister-in-law Jen made these amazing corn fritters. I am going to have to get the recipe and share it.

There were stuffed burgers, corn fritters, bacon ranch pasta salad, and ice cold beer.
Not a bad afternoon with family and food.
Lily was amazing all afternoon while her nieces and nephews hugged, kissed, and poked at her and she was passed around the party. However, this baby knows her bed time and like clockwork she lost it around 6pm...but that was actually just fine by me...with a full belly and beer in the afternoon I was fading fast. The guys went out on the town that night on their own and THAT is a whole other story which I probably won't be blogging about but I will say Nick was in the doghouse all Sunday and his punishment was that he had to take care of Lily all last night and do several chores.
 We also had little Lyla's 2 year old birthday party Sunday which is a whole other story but the best part was when Lyla got a little baby doll and a stroller for her birthday and proceeded to run around the house rolling over everyone's feet and bashing into everyone's shins with her new stroller. It was hilarious. I am told there are some pictures of her tearing into her cupcake and also going crazy on some carrots and ranch dressing. Maybe we have another little foodie in the making. That kid loves to eat just like her Aunt KK.
All in all is a was very fun filled and memorable weekend...more recipes and stories to share later.
And here is a funny picture of Lily.....

No comments:

Post a Comment